Melissa Goetz specializes in valuing companies that have Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs). Her experience includes business valuations for Federal estate and gift tax purposes, ESOPs, buy/sell arrangements, family limited partnerships, and succession planning. Ms. Goetz has performed business valuations for several different industries including agriculture, banking, manufacturing, construction, retail and wholesale distribution. She also has an extensive background in taxation. Ms. Goetz is a member of the Board of Directors of the Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants (KSCPA)..
Prior to joining Prairie Capital Advisors, Ms. Melissa Goetz was a co-founder of KC&G Business Appraisal Associates, Inc. Ms. Goetz was previously employed as a business appraiser with Kennedy and Coe, LLC where she helped form the business valuation department.
Ms. Goetz holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting from Fort Hays State University.
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) of the American Society of Appraisers
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Public Accountant
- The ESOP Association
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accounts
- KSCPA Business Valuation and Litigation Support Task Force
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- National Center of Employee Ownership (NCEO)
Posted on Mon, June 13, 2016