A fractional ownership strategy involving a partial ESOP and individual shareholders may be an option for you if a 100% ESOP is not your end goal. Ken Serwinski and Franco Silva will review this fractional ESOP ownership model and discuss the benefits and challenges including:
- Focusing employees on driving shareholder value
- Tax advantages in a “C” corp including Section 1042 capital gains tax deferral
- Significant economic advantages in an “S” corp by exploring returns to shareholders, repayment of debt and management of repurchase obligation
- How a fractional ESOP can serve as a backstop if non-ESOP shareholders can’t or won’t purchase more shares
- Maintain a retirement plan that rewards all qualified individuals with a stake in the outcome of company performance
To request a copy of this presentation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.