The combination of potential modifications in U.S. gift and estate tax laws with the brisk (post-pandemic) 2021 resurgence of U.S. capital markets necessitates an enhanced focus on succession planning for investors in closely-held businesses. In addition, that combination will place even more pressure on advisors to design creative and unique succession planning strategies for business owners considering a transaction in today’s M&A environment.
Join Prairie’s Dan Callanan and Tim Witt alongside guest speaker Doug Robson, Esq. (Chairman of Barnes & Thornburg LLP – Private Client Services practice) as they explore estate planning strategies in today’s M&A environment. This discussion will include:
- Overview of current and potential modifications to U.S. gift and estate tax rules
- Capital market update and relevant market pricing of transactions
- Post-pandemic private equity structuring and transaction considerations
- Wealth transfer strategies including: rollover equity (e.g., retained interests) and earn-out (or contingent consideration) situations
- Summary of critical elements to monitor and key strategies going forward
To request a copy of this presentation, please contact us at email@example.com.